Our Seasonal Autumn Smudge will be available mid-September through December (because it sells fast). Our formula here at Elder Mountain is locally hand collected and dried seasonally all summer in small batches. Each bag of nature’s natural herbs and wild flowers have been hand picked in the mountains, on our land and on hikes, cured and dried to enrich your prayer rites, altar work, clearing negativity in spaces, dreaming purification smudges or your magical soul. Each one is Water and Moon Charmed in the Slavic Tradition on the full moon for a little extra energy.
Each year we have different offerings,
depending upon the season of collecting:
1 Folk Smudge
2 Smudge Sticks
3 Raspberry and Blackberry Smudge Sticks.
AVAILABLE while the batches lasts and you can pre-order early if you wish.
1. LOOSE LEAF Folk Smudge $10 each (7×7 ziplock bag) + shipping.
Ingredients listed in this article, use with charcoal disks) + shipping.
2. FOLK Smudge Sticks $10 each + shipping.
Folk Sticks have Mugwort, Lavender, Rosemary, Mint, Madwort
3. RASPBERRY Smudge Sticks $9 + shipping.
Fresh picked and dried and tied.
4. MULLEIN Loose Leaf Tea $9 (7×7 ziplock bag).
Fresh picked and dried, local Mullein tea or smudge + shipping.
5. BLACKBERRY Smudge Sticks $9 + shipping.
Fresh picked and dried and tied.
NOT AVAILABLE in 2018 but will be in 2019
6. RASPBERRY Loose Leaf Tea $8.00 (7×7 ziplock bag).
Fresh picked and dried, local Mullein tea + shipping.
7. LOOSE LEAF “ROSE” Folk Smudge 9.00 each. (7×7 ziplock bag).
85% Dried Roses, 10% Sage, 5% Folk Smudge ingredients + shipping.
$8.50 for shipping (for 2 add $10.25 shipping)
PAYPAL Myoldsouldreams@gmail.com or check/money order
Contact: Eldermountiandreaming@gmail.com when you are ready to order.
Seasonally dried and hung on an altar. Folk Sticks have up to three to all five items depending upon the year (nature): Mugwort, Lavender, Rosemary, Mint, Madwort. Good for smoking personal space or ritual uses, for healing, protection and healing around your dreaming space (bed). About 12 inches long. All items are organic and grow on the land here at Elder Mountain. Some years vary, containing one and not the other, depending upon nature.
“Folk Smudge” list below varies each year, sometimes there are four ingredients, sometimes eight or nine. We suggest using the smudge in a bowl with a charcoal disk and buying regular white sage to triple your bag because its a dense smudge. All bags are blessed on the full moons by our dream shaman. All items are organic. Some years vary, containing one and not the other, depending upon nature.
1. Lavender flowers (Lavandula officinalis) is very versatile, its used in purification, love spells and attraction sachets. Also burning lavender induces a peaceful sleep. Scattered around the home, lavender smudge (without even being burned), helps clear the atmosphere for peace and serenity.
2. Pine & Cedar needles and wood shavings – Pine is one of the most abundant trees in the Northwest and we respect each tree and gather fallen branches from storms etc. It is an ancient goddess medicinal trees, each part of the tree has nourishment, protection and cleansing. The pine and cedar wood chips (pieces) also add fuel to your magical or sacred burning bowl.
3. Mugwort – Home grown and dried for dreaming, a very powerful herb and only small amounts should be used in any sort of ceremony to allow your mind, body and soul to process as it both enhances and clears dreaming and visioning spaces. Its an ancient herb that cleanses while it helps to temporarily open the intuitive perception.
4. Madwort Yellow Tuft (Alyssum murale) – This grows locally, and is an ancient’s medicinal herb for purposes of madness and to alleviate dog bites. I had to do a lot of research on this native plant and only Harvard.edu had an old manuscript explaining its medicinal purposes. As a smudge its used for creating calm, peace and groundedness and to sooth issues of anger or aggressiveness in one’s environment. Always remember that issues of such things must be healed, and a smudge or stone only adds dedication to the issue and has a mild effects that are supportive. Grows wild in the Balkans of Romania, Albania and Turkey and made its way over to the US in our area which they call invasive but I am glad its here, it can come in handy as a medicine for those who make tinctures.
5. Juniper Berries – Home grown and dried, Magical uses are to burn them to clear spaces that have negativity and also used in ancient traditions to break hexes and curses, carried for anytime of protection against thefts, shadow roamers, tricksters and anything that influences negatively or drains one’s energy. In ancient times this was also burned in exorcism rites both pagan and religious.
6. Roses, Dried – Home grown and dried organic rose petals adds sweetness and calm to the powerful mixture to keep a sense of peace and groundedness when doing your magic or healing sessions with others. A favorite of those who work with or are a priestess of the Goddess, especially Aphrodite and Venus.
7. Red Clover – Local on our land and dried. Northwest large red clover flower, good for coughs and colds, indigestion and asthma so its an excellent addition to burning bowl smudge as it purifies and cleans the air.
8. Larkspur – Home grown and dried, as a smudge it clears the spores in the air, and good also for asthma or breathing problems, its also prescribed against colic and irritations.
9. Hawthorn – Home picked and dried, Hawthorn dried leaves and berries used by the ancients were specifically for magical powers to ward off the evil souls and the shadows of people. The berries (also known as “Pixie Pears”) contain vitamins, Hawthorn along with Sage, is a double powerful smudge for protection.
10. St Johns Wort – Local wild St Johns Wort helps with depression and lifts the heaviness. In a smudge it has a lesser effect but can cleanse the home or space with purifying any negativity from depression causing energy.
11. Sage – I added a basic white sage to add protection and burn quality. I also added a brown sage from South America which is very thin or fine blend.